NAM CAT TIEN NATIONAL PARK (2 days 1 night)
Even if you are a solo traveler, a group of friends or adventure-loving families, you deserve a new line of trips in search of a meaningful way to discover Vietnam together. We then want to introduce you the ‘Nam Cat Tien National Park‘ adventure.
Nam Cat Tien National Park, 150km far from HCMC, is the area that preserves many kinds of rare animals and plants. This 72,000-hectare park maintains the evergreen broad-leaved evergreen forest – the only living habitat of rhinoceros in Vietnam, Indochina as well as in the world. It stretches over 3 provinces, which are Dong Nai, Lam Dong and Binh Phuoc. The Park protects one of the largest areas of lowland tropical forests left in Vietnam.
The itinerary below is specially designed so travelers of all ages can explore our Nam Cat Tien National Park’s rich and diverse characteristics. This Tour features unique, interactive activities inspired in photograph, wildlife, culture, and geography to encourage kids and adults alike to connect with the world around them. Our specially trained guide and Government’s rangers accompany travelers every step of the way to ensure a safe, structured, and fun trip. Our group will enjoy enlightening experiences, the freedom to explore, quality time together—and we’ll return home with a renewed sense of wonder.
DAY 1: SAIGON – CAT TIEN NATIONAL PARK – NIGHT SAFARI. (Lunch, Dinner)
– The tour shall start at 8 am to leave this busy Ho Chi Minh City behind for the serenity of the lush forests of Nam Cat Tien for a 4-hour drive full of roadside plantations of rubber and green coffee. Upon arriving, you will have lunch after checking-in the hotel.
– At 2 pm, our tour guide will take you across the river to start our afternoon trip. This is a two-hour Trekking and trail when you will observe several animals and huge and old trees up close in our national forest – Giant Tung Tree. Varieties of plants and animals life are there to capture. Fauna in the park includes 100 types of mammal including elephants, leopards, the bison-like guar, and primates such as gibbons, pygmy lorises and langurs. There are also 79 types of reptile, 41 amphibian species, plus an incredible array of snakes, spiders and insects, including 400 or so butterfly species. Of the 350-plus birds, rare species include the orange-necked partridge and Siamese fire-back.
– The tour ends at 16:00, you will then return to the hotel for a recharging. By 18:30, we will return to the forest to start the Night excursion in a lodge buggy. The special thing of this trip is that this is a lazy drive during 2 hours to take you deep into the forest where the nightlife of the wild animals would show. You will use a spotlight to see the nocturnal wildlife. If we are lucky, we’ll see a lot of Deers, stag, weasels, etc. Bear in mind that the larger animals, including elephants and leopards, are very retiring. You’re most likely to see primates, birds and reptiles.
– The trip ends at 21:00 and you will be taken back to the hotel. This is also when your dinner is served. You will enjoy local food with cold beer and we will help you to forget the tiredness and noise of the modern city. You’ll then enjoy a good night’s rest with the sounds of the jungle as nature’s soundtrack.
DAY 2: CAT TIEN TREK – WILDLIFE RESCUE CENTER – SAIGON (Breakfast, Lunch)
Breakfast is served at 07:00 am. At 7:30 am, the car shall pick you at the edge of the forest for another journey into Nam Cat Tien forest.
Visit Dao Tien Endangered Primate Species center where the people here specialize in the rescue, rehabilitation and release of endangered primates naturally found in the surrounding region, and resident primates have all been victims of the illegal wildlife trade.
Visit Bear and Wildlife Rescue Center which known as another rescue center that aims to protect and care for the bears which were also rescued from the illegal wildlife trade or bear bile farms (The center sometime will be closed without prior notice due to the urgent situation to protect the bear from bad effects of environment, the itinerary will be adjusted to adapt to the unforeseen situation)
If you are lucky, maybe you can easily admire the charming peacock courtship dances, melodious sound from colorful birds on the hundreds year trees or the sight of innocent deer seeking food.
After the trip, we return to the hotel and shall be back at noon. Lunch and checking out for the return trip back Ho Chi Minh City at 18:00. Adventure ends.
Prices quoted are not applied for Vietnamese holidays. Exact quotation shall be confirmed at the time of booking.
– All entrance fees.
– Transport: A/c bus, Jeep car in the park.
– Local guide within Cat Tien National Park.
– Simple guestroom at the park’s administration center or Cat Tien farm stay. Please contact us for upgrade price to Cat Tien jungle lodge.
– Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner as mentioned above.
– Drinking water.
– Insect repellent (to repel leeches).
• Personal costs,
• Travel insurance.
• Tips / gratuities for local guide.
Children’s Ticket Policy:
– Children from 11 years old up: Full ticket
– Children from 5 up to 11 years old: 75% of the ticket
– Infants under 5 years old: F.O.C (Children’s expense on the Tour shall be paid by their parents)
Thank you for choosing HanaTourist!