Vam Sat Ecotourism is a core zone in the Can Gio district founded in 2000. On 21 January 2000, recognized UNESCO Vam Sat as Vietnam’s first Biosphere Reserve. It has been recognized for the diversity of typical mangrove forest plants and aquatic animal systems, making it an excellent natural landscape biodiversity destination for studying and discovering nature. There are two species conservation zones in Vam Sat ecotourism:
a) Bird Sanctuary: 602.5 ha, home to 130 birds of several species, including 11 waterbird species.
b) Bat Sanctuary: 123.2 ha, a dense mangrove forest where more than 300 bats live, especially the Scotophilus Heathii bat.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Boarding the canoe to appreciate the Soai Rap River landscapes (Oyster farm & Fish farm) and the typical flora and fauna of the Vam Sat mangrove forest.
- Catching crabs game.
- Witnessing thousands of water birds covering the sky.
- Feeding crocodiles and taking photos with monkeys
- Admiring the beautiful panoramic of view Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- Swimming in a nice pool view at your own expense, or on the beach.
- Enjoy specials dessert (Nipa fruits)