The Mekong Delta is a network of tributaries in southwest Vietnam between Ho Chi Minh City and Cambodia. The river starts in the Himalayas and passes through China, Myanmar, Thailand, and Cambodia before reaching Vietnam, partly explaining why the waters are so murky.
A motorized boat tour of the Cai Be floating market will take about three hours, including various activities such as bicycle rides, delectable meals, and traditional means of transport. In only three days, tourists learn much about the locals’ way of life, the Mekong Delta’s long history, and other cultural characteristics.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Enjoy the wonders and charms of the Mekong Delta on this 3-day eco package tour.
- Visit the bustling Cai Be floating markets and discover the ways of the people living along the river.
- Take a cooking class and learn how to make local delicacies.
- Experience Sam Mountain in Chau Doc and visit a floating fish farm.
- Visit a traditional Cham river village and see their weaving skills.